What can we make from nuts / seeds? Simple or creamy milk with fruit
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Step 1: I put the almonds in a bowl and added enough water to cover them. I left them to soak / hydrate overnight. This paste is extremely important and useful even when we want to consume them as such, not necessarily to use them to prepare something. Have you ever eaten nuts, hazelnuts and they didn't fit your stomach well? It is due to the fact that they contain inhibitory enzymes that protect them from premature germination and thus are quite difficult to digest. Soaking in water (from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on what nuts we use) neutralizes these inhibitory enzymes and encourages the production of some beneficial, which helps digestion. So, I let the almonds soak overnight (they should be left for about 7 hours).
Step 2: I drained them. If you want you can peel them; they seemed good to me anyway (the peel gives a slightly bitter taste).
I put them in a blender with three cups of pure water (by that I mean plain water, not tap water, which contains chlorine - if you don't have a filter). Mix well, well until the almonds are finely crushed and the water is whitish.
Another way is to put the almonds with a little water in the blender, about half a cup and mix them until a paste comes out. Then we add water gradually, and mix and so on, depending on how creamy we want the milk. You can see in the pictures what a beautiful foam it made :) like fresh milk.
Step 3: When it was ready, I put a cotton cloth (I found it at the pharmacy) in a deep bowl. I poured the milk from the blender. Then I grabbed the canvas from the edges and squeezed / squeezed to remove the milk and stay (in the canvas) only with the rest of the shells and almonds. It is similar to making cow's cheese, when we strain it through gauze, only here we are interested in what drains from the canvas, not what remains in it. (although, the remaining almonds can also be used in the top of an example cake ... but it seemed to me that they were a bit tasteless)
But let's get back to milk: we can consume it as such, or in vegan, fasting recipes. (hot chocolate for example)
I made some smoothies. I put fruits in the blender one by one and a little milk on top of them. And here, put as much milk as you want depending on the desired consistency. If the fruit is not sweet enough, you can add a little honey.
Things I like about Optimum 9200A (and some features)
- I was impressed to see how powerful this blender is and I can honestly tell you that it quickly became my best friend. The old blender I had has 500 watts, and the Optimum 9200A has a stunning power of 2611 watts (if you like cars, the equivalent of 3.5 horsepower.). Optimum 9200A is more powerful than Vitamix 5200 and it has become a formidable rival for Vitamix, especially since it is much more affordable (it's not very cheap, but it's affordable). Here is a comparison between the two high speed blenders:
- It is compact and easy to use & has a button power, and variable speed functions slow, medium,pomposity and press, but also time-varying functions 20, 35 and 45seconds. Just choose the button with the function you need and watch the blender do its magic number! :)
- It helps us save time, because in a few seconds we can get perfectly blended and creamy textures. As we are mostly busy and always on the run, I think we all appreciate such a device around, right?
- The 2 liter container is BPA free and is made of a super lightweight material. It is extremely easy to handle and can be used for both dry and liquid ingredients.
- The stainless steel blade consists of a set of 6 blades (unlike the 4 blades that regular blenders have) and is one of the things I like most about this high speed blender, because you no longer have problems with the rebellious ingredients that usually stick to the bottom of the container, under the blades.
- The special tool made for pushing stubborn ingredients, such as frozen fruit or ice cubes, is very useful.
- The rubber support (on which the 2-liter container is placed) has a system that fixes the container in place, without bothering to rotate or slide the container, as is the case with other blenders.
- Another feature that I find very interesting and practical is the fact that the blender can also be used as a food processor, I was pleasantly surprised to see how easily it grinds vegetables, pressing the button a few times. press
- Plus it's easy to clean! After you have finished blending, add a few drops of dish detergent to the container and fill it half with water, press the button several times. press then remove the container from its place and rinse it with clean water.
- And besides the fact that it's so great, the blender Optimum 9200A comes with an instruction manual in which you can find all kinds of useful information and even the time needed to blend certain ingredients and preparations, depending on your needs, a book with healthy recipes (with over 80 recipes) and a bag of walnut milk.
So, dear friends, I warmly recommend the Optimum 9200A blender if you are thinking of investing in a high-performance, high-speed blender. And maybe this summer can be a starting point for a healthier version of us, with such a blender we are definitely on the right track.
And to continue with the good news, the Optimum 9200A blender is now at a promotional price. In addition, Froothie offers Dreams Factory readers a special discount, of 20 EUR (equivalent in lei), when purchasing an Optimum 9200A blender. All you have to do is use the code & # 8216BDF-Optimum-20 & # 8217 when you add the product to your cart, on the Froothie Romania website. Happy shopping! :)
If you have other recipes that can be made in a blender or need additional details, you can leave a comment below.
You can find Froothie on Facebook and Instagram, and for even more inspiration, you can access the YouTube channel.
/// SAVE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER ///
Disclaimer: The Optimum 9200A blender was given to me for testing by Froothie Romania. I was not compensated or paid in any way, all opinions belong to me. If you purchase the aforementioned blender, using the code Dreams Factory (BDF-Optimum-20), you will benefit from a discount, and I will receive a small commission as an affiliate, which will help support this blog.
Raw vegan yogurt from young coconuts
You may have seen that for some years in the supermarkets in Romania appeared & # 8222young coconuts & # 8221 or young coconuts, which have a pulp that is easy to clean, delicious and a coolant rich in nutrients, totally different from its relative. , ripe walnut, which we all know.
Since the 2000s, yogurt recipes made from walnuts or seeds or coconuts have been known and used all over the world. But it doesn't hurt to remember and that's why I wanted to show you how it's done. Young coconut yogurt is very easy to make and does not require probiotics. It is excellent in taste, identical to traditional yogurt and can be combined with fruit or eaten as such.
Raw vegan yogurt from young coconuts
- Servings: 2
- Duration: 10 min
- Difficulty: easy
Clean and open the coconut using this method, check that the liquid is not altered and if it is, do not use either the liquid or the pulp. If the coconut is healthy, enjoy the liquid and quickly clean the pulp. If it is too thin a layer, as is the case with some nuts, you will need another nut. Normally a walnut has about ½ cm thick pulp at the top and thinner at the bottom.
Add warm water and pulp to the blender, turning everything into a very creamy milk, without pieces of pulp. Leave the milk in a glass bowl at room temperature and taste it after 1 days. If it's a little sour, like yogurt, it's ready. If it is not, leave it for a while. Taste again in a few hours because once it starts to ferment, the process will be much faster than before. If you leave it too long, it may become too sour.
Once you like it, toss it in a glass jar with a lid or in a glass bowl with a lid and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
In the Don Family a decision was made: 3 days a week we will eat without meat, without added sugar. Not that the rest of the day I would ruin it, but I have to admit that I am the big carnivore of the family and I want to change that. So we take it step by step, and our goal is BALANCE. It is not about radical changes, but about eating a little of everything, in moderation. The first breakfast after the decision? Classic oatmeal! & # x2665
For summer days, I highly recommend the recipes Cold oatmeal (click to access the recipes) that are prepared in the evening, directly in jars, are easy to transport and can be prepared in many combinations.
For the autumn / winter season, I thought it would fit even better with the classic oatmeal porridge recipe. It is warm, creamy and delicious! It is a super nutritious breakfast, very healthy and which I highly recommend for the WHOLE FAMILY! & # x2665
Classic oatmeal - Everything you need to know about the recipe:
- What milk do we use? Of course, you can use cow's milk, but for a lighter, healthier and fuller flavored version, try almond milk, soy, rice, coconut. In addition, vegetable milk has vitamins, proteins and is very healthy. In addition, it does not burn when boiled, like cow's milk. For the lightest version, you can use only water. For a very creamy version, use only milk.
- What oatmeal do we use? The classic oatmeal, the ones you probably saw on the shelves in stores and thought: “what to do with them? They seem too simple for breakfast! ” You can also use rice flakes, for example.
- What is the perfect flake-liquid ratio? Well, there is no perfect ratio! I put 50g of oatmeal in 300ml of liquid, for a portion of one person. But that depends on the consistency you want in the end: a more liquid, creamy or very thick oatmeal, like a pudding.
- When and how do we boil oatmeal? For best results, I first boil the liquid with a pinch of salt. Salt helps to intensify the aromas of oatmeal. When the water and milk boil, add the oatmeal and mix very well. Let them simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on the consistency they want. It is important to mix very often so that it does not stick.
- What flavors do we add? Vanilla pods, rum, lemon or orange peel, cinnamon, anise, ginger, etc. Everything you like! We boil the flavors together with the milk, in order to release their aroma, right?
- What do we sweeten oatmeal with? It would be the culmination to put caster sugar, after that we kept preaching about how healthy oatmeal is. I chose to sweeten it with maple syrup, but you can also use honey, agave or coconut syrup, etc. The idea is that we pull the porridge off the fire and then sweeten it with what we want.
- What can we add to the porridge? Again, the options are limitless! Peanut butter, jam, crushed banana, fresh or compote fruit, dried fruit, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nuts of any kind. That's why I told you that the classic Oatmeal porridge recipe is very versatile and will never bore you!
All the ingredients for the classic oatmeal recipe can be found in Lidl & # x2665 stores
Classic oatmeal - Basic recipe
- 50g Crownfield oatmeal
- 150ml Milbona soy milk
- 150ml water
- a dust will be Castle
- a teaspoon of Maribel maple syrup
- nuts, raisins, almonds, figs Alesto
Boil milk, water, a pinch of salt. When it boils, reduce the heat to a minimum. Add the oatmeal and mix well. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the porridge reaches the desired consistency. Now is the time to put in porridge flavors: vanilla, rum, cocoa, lemon or orange peel, cinnamon, etc. Remove from the heat and add the maple syrup, stir again. The porridge is ready and we can put it on the plate. Now comes the funny part, in which we decorate it and give it a real taste! Here, only your imagination is the limit.
Simple, fast, good! I promise the whole family will fall in love with the recipe Classic oatmeal and it will become indispensable from your breakfast! May you be the best! & # x2665
Maximum benefits from flax seeds
The benefit of flaxseed is that you get what a pill can't give you, taste and nutrients from food. One thing worth mentioning is that flax seeds have omega-3 content inside them, so you have to chew them well otherwise they will be quite difficult to digest.
To get the benefits of flax seeds, grind them in a coffee grinder or in a blender and add them to your healthy dough recipes. Or add flax seeds over cereals, puddings or in shakes.
Flax seeds bring a lot of health benefits, they contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and lignans, a certain type of phytochemical. Omega-3They are not found in many foods and are considered essential fats. It is absolutely necessary to extract our omega-3 from food sources or by taking supplements because our body cannot produce these fatty acids.
Lignans act as antioxidants and could help reduce the risk of developing cancer cells and fight for the prevention or fight of many diseases., such as diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, etc.
FIBER, as you hear among all the advice of specialists, helps that your digestive tract to function like wheels and thus successfully prevent constipation.
Do flax seeds need to be ground?
It's just that It is easier for your digestive system to digest the already ground flax seeds. Whole flax seeds pass through the digestive tract for the most part undigested, if you don't chew them well enough (but between us, who can chew some tiny seeds so accurately ??).
Moreover, omega-3 fatty acids, lignans and potassium are found inside the seed, so if you are one of the brave ones who want to crush flax seeds between your teeth, you risk not getting their full benefits. Plus you'll never be able to crush the seeds better than a grinder would!
How do you know if flax seeds have rancid?
First you have to check the shelf life, then you have to smell the seeds, and if they have one from fish, then they rancid. If, however, the smell does not build you up, you can taste a little and if you do not feel that the weak aroma of walnut, but a bitter, sour or simply unappetizing one, then they are rancid.
To keep them in as fresh a shape as possible, you can store them in refrigerator or freezer, but even so you are not sure that they will last very long.